Welcome to school!! My name is Kate Neal, and I will be your child’s ELA teacher. Let me take a moment to introduce myself to you. I received my undergraduate degree in elementary education from the University of Louisiana at Monroe and my Master’s Degree in Education from Louisiana Tech. This will be my 10th year as a teacher. It is a special year for me because it’s my first year to be a part of the Storm family. I’m so excited to have your child in my class this year. It is my hope that at the end of this school year there will be nothing but positive memories. I am looking forward to an exciting and productive year, and I hope you and your child are as well.1. Classroom Rules
- Respect: Always respect the teacher and others in the classroom.
- Responsibility: Stay on task. It is your job!
- Ready to Learn: Be prepared.
- Remain Positive: Always be helpful, courteous, and thoughtful to others in our classroom.
2. Hand in all assignments when they are due. Points will be deducted for late assignments. If assignments are frequently late or missing I will contact the parents.
3. Accelerated Reading (AR) is an essential part of helping the student become a better, more fluent, reader. It is also an essential part of the ELA grade. Students will be expected to read 9 books on their level and pass the test with an 80 or better, each grading period. Only books that are on the correct level, and when tests are passed with an 80 or better, will count. This grade will be a part of the 9 week grade. Any free time given in class will be used for reading these books. They will also be expected to read at home.
4. Students will keep a well organized binder. All handouts, tests, and notes should be added to the binder. At the end of the 9 weeks the binder will be checked for completeness, order, and neatness. This will be an easy A.
Again I want to welcome you to Delta Charter and my classroom. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to come by, call, or email. My planning period will be each day from 1:30 to 2:30. My classroom is always open to you.